Calendula or Pot Marigold, is a genus of about 15–20 species of annual and perennial herbaceous plants in the daisy family Asteraceae, native to southwestern Asia, western Europe, Macaronesia, and the Mediterranean.
There is almost no way to get 100% pure marigold calendula essential oil, which makes calendula essential oil an infusion and not a pure extract. Nonetheless, the warm golden oil is said to be completely non-toxic and highly effective in treating nearly every sort of skin disorder. .
Some Uses & Benefits of Calendula Oil
- Anti wrinkle
- Anti aging
- Reduces age spots
- Fades scars and keloids
- Promotes smooth, even toned skin
- Anti infectious
- Face & Lip Care
- Treats dry or chapped skin
- Helps support skin integrity
- Anti inflammatory
- Anti spasmodic i.e. Helps ease spasms and muscle, menstrual cramps etc.
- Cicatrisant i.e. Aids healing of cuts, scrapes and wounds
- Vulnerary i.e. Protects wounds from infections
Calendula Oil Blends Well With: Essential Oils of Cypress, Lavender, Lemon, Rose Otto, Frankincense, Sea buckthorn, and Saw Palmetto.
Note / Caution: Generally known to be safe i.e. non sensitizing and non irritating. However, avoid while pregnant, breast feeding, about to undergo surgery or allergic to marigolds. Do not use on deep tissue burns and cuts.