Walnuts considered one of the healthiest nuts, pack a lot of health-boosting nutrients in a small package. Walnut oil is rich and nutty-tasting, but it has a lot more going for it than flavor. To get the maximum health benefits, choose unrefined walnut oil, store it in your refrigerator and use within one year. Walnut oil develops a bitter taste when exposed to heat, so it’s best on salads and added to other foods after cooking.
The omega-3 fatty acids in walnut oil boost your brain health, according to “Psychology Today.” Omega-3 fats are a vital component of the outer membrane of brain cells, which makes the transmission of nerve signals — necessary for thinking, learning, and memory — possible. Brain cells need a constant, fresh supply of these essential fats for optimum function, and walnut oil is a good source.
Walnut oil contains healthy monounsaturated fats. These beneficial fats protect the heart and cardiovascular system by lowering cholesterol and reducing inflammation. Monounsaturated fats also improve the way the body responds to insulin and control blood sugar. Most nuts and seeds are high in monounsaturated fat, as are avocados, olives, olive oil and canola oil. Healthy fats should contribute approximately 30 percent of the calories to your daily diet.
Walnut oil benefits are many in general health care:
- It is rich in antioxidants, melatonin, ellagic acid, omega 3, 6 and 9, and phytonutrients
- It is used to improve blood circulation, minimize risks of heart diseases, aid sleep, and to keep hormones balanced
- Walnut oil also contains vitamins B, B1, B2, E, and niacin; all of which are good for treating skin
- You can use walnut oil for a skin to treat wrinkles, infections, inflammatory skin conditions, and dryness. Walnut oil uses go beyond your kitchen
- Besides adding it to your diet, you could also apply it topically to see radiant results
Walnut oil is high in both vitamins and minerals. It works wonders on the skin and is highly recommended for people who want a flawless and ageless skin. Here are the benefits of walnut oil for the skin:
- Walnut oil is great for fighting wrinkles. It has a greasy texture but its regular application can actually help the fine lines and wrinkles to disappear with time.
- The antifungal aspect of walnuts can be used to treat acne too
- A simple walnut oil massage can work wonders for dry skin as this oil can hydrate and moisturize your skin
- Walnut oil can also treat dark circles