This plant is a moderate to large, shrubby, branching tree that grows in dry, hilly areas across India.
This variety is considered to be the richest and most exquisite in both scent and quality, it may be used to anoint the body during prayer and meditation, as is commonly done with Somalian frankincense, but its primary benefits are medicinal in nature.
Some Uses & Benefits of Indian Olibanum Essential Oil:
- Anti-acne and pimple treatment
- Scar fading
- Cicatrisant i.e. Aids healing of cuts, scrapes, and wounds
- Vulnerary i.e. Protects wounds from infections
- Helps dry/mature skin
- Fades stretch marks
- Skin tonic for all skin types
- Helps balance oily skin
- Colds and respiratory disorders
- Anti-anxiety & Stress reducing
- Aids uterine health
- Relaxant & Sedative
- Helps treat dysmenorrhea
- Analgesic i.e. Pain relief
- Antispasmodic i.e. Helps ease spasms and muscle, menstrual cramps etc.
- Anti viral
- Anti microbial
- Anti fungal
Indian Olibanum Essential Oil Blends Well With Essential Oils of Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Coriander, Firs, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Labdanum, Orange, Rose Otto, Sea Buckthorn Berry, Spruce and Ylang Ylang. Like every other Frankincense works best with other species of Frankincense and Myrrh.
Note / Caution: Generally known to be safe i.e. non sensitizing and non-irritating. However, pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid.