Schisandra Berries Dried
₦20,329.33 Incl. VAT
- Schisandra is an adaptogen that helps support a healthy mood.
- It may also help with cognitive function and memory.
- It contains fiber, which may help promote digestive health and regularity.
- An antioxidant that may help support exercise endurance.
- May support women’s health by helping to balance hormones and help support menstrual cycles.
Schisandra Chinensis-(Wu Wei Zi) is a medicinal plant whose fruits are commonly used in Asian traditional medicine for their sedative/hypnotic, hepatoprotective and antioxidant properties, Schisandra which is also known as five flavor fruit, Is a fruit-bearing vine. It’s purple-red berries are described as having five tastes: sweet, salty, bitter, pungent, and sour. The seeds of the Schisandra contain lignans. These are substances which may have beneficial effects on health. Schisandra may be effective at alleviating some symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes, sweating, also able to help the body resist the effects of anxiety and stress, plus bolster the Immune system. It’s thought to have a positive impact on several pathways, in the body, including the heart, lungs, and kidneys. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties.
Schisandra isn’t typically used as a food. But it has been used for medicinal purposes, It’s popular to make tea with schisandra. Also, it can be added into homemade kombucha, tea of reishi or other teas too. Mixing with something like morning smoothie, yogurt makes it more tasty. Normally adding 2-6 grams for a cup of schisandra berries works just fine.