- Mint plants are particularly known for the cooling sensation they impart. They can be added to foods in both fresh and dried forms.
- It is a natural agent and breath freshener. Breath mints and chewing gum can mask foul smells for a couple hours but aren’t an optimal long-term solution for bad breath. mint tea and chewing on mint leaves may be more beneficial.
- leaf in the Mint family has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food. Mint plants contain an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent called rosmarinic acid. Use fresh herbs and spices such as mint to add flavor when cooking can also help to cut down on sodium intake. Although not typically consumed in large quantities, mint contains fair amounts of several nutrients and is an especially good source of vitamin A.
- Mint makes a delicious and healthy addition to many foods and beverages. It is a popular herb that can be used fresh or dried in many dishes in several foods and beverages, ranging from teas and drinks to sauces, salads and desserts and infusions. Mint oil is often used in toothpaste, gum, candy, and beauty products.
Below is a Recipe on how to use Spearmint powder
Fresh & Healthy Juice Recipe
- 1 large sized tender beetroot,150 gms black grapes,1 apple cut into cubes
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice,2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt,1/2 tsp black pepper powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Spear mint powder,400 ml chilled water
- Peel, dice, beetroot to big chunks. Steam or microwave to soften a bit. Cool by holding under running water.
- Put beetroot , apple, grapes in an electric mixer. Run to form a smooth paste. Add lemon juice and honey ,run again.
- Add water, run till mixture is smooth & frothy. Strain through a sieve(or can be taken as smoothie), pour into individual glasses. Sprinkle a little powdered pepper & mint.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.