Yarrow, is a rhizomatous, spreading, upright to mat-forming perennial that is considered by many to be an aggressive weed native to Europe and Asia. Yarrow derived its Latin name from the Greek hero Achilles, the son of the Sea-Goddess Thetis and mortal King Peleus.
It is a fantastic anti-inflammatory agent and is considered to be one of the most important oils to have in an essential oil collection.
Some Uses & Benefits of Yarrow Essential Oil:
- Anti inflammatory
- Anti rheumatic
- Anti arthritic
- Effective treatment for varicose veins
- Anti aging
- Helps balance skin moisture
- Anti acne
- Treats Eczema & Psoriasis
- Relieves itchiness, reduces rashes and soothes burns
- Softens and fades scars
- Helps keep skin free from cracks and blemishes
- Anti infectious
- Anti fungal
- Anti viral
- Cicatrisant i.e. Aids healing of cuts, scrapes and wounds
- Vulnerary i.e. Protects wounds from infections
- Anti spasmodic
- Strengthens hair and eliminates hair loss
- Anti hemorrhagic
- Emmenagogue i.e. helps treat irregular, obstructed or painful menstrual periods.
- Helps treat Urinary Tract Infections
- Hemorrhoid treatment
Yarrow Essential Oil Blends Well With: Essential Oils of Angelica, Cedar Wood, Oakmoss, Verbena, Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang, Lavender, German Chamomile, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Black Pepper and Calendula.
Note/ Caution: Generally known to be safe i.e. non sensitizing and non irritating.