Almonds Nuts are delicious, creamy, sweet tasting nuts. Almonds come with the skins on for all the almond goodness (the skin contains additional fibre and Vitamin E). Almonds are high in protein and fibre and are an excellent source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and vitamin E. They are also rich is magnesium, calcium, selenium, iron, potassium, niacin, phosphorous, copper and zinc.
Almonds are excellent for baking, in muesli and porridge, curries and salads. They are also good for creating your own almond dairy free milk and almond butters. Try mixing with other nuts in homemade snack mixes.
Add raw almonds to salads and pastas for added crunch and a burst of satisfying protein.
- Stir-fry almonds with your favorite veggies and seasonings for a hearty vegetarian meal that is as easy to make as it is delicious.
- Toss in the blender with your choice of milk and fruit to make a protein-rich smoothie.
- Stir into your morning oats or cold cereal to make it extra filling and yummy.
- Crush and mix into cookie or muffin dough and bake. These natural almonds will add a fantastic taste and texture.
- Grind in a food processor to make almond meal, which can be used as a high-protein, low-carb alternative to other flour and opens up a whole new world of baking possibilities!