EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL:
Olive Oil has been known for ages and by all has been a healthy oil to cook and eat with, but in recent times has been known to be useful in natural beauty remedies due to its high concentration of mono-unsaturated fats, anti-inflammatory agents, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins. Some of the incredible uses of Olive oil include:
- It can be used as a Makeup Remover: Add a few drops of extra virgin olive oil on a cotton pad, then wipe your face in a circular motion and also place the cotton pad against your closed eye and wipe gently. This can help in removing makeup and impurities.
- It can be used for Bathing: Extra virgin olive oil works very well as a soothing bath additive. Add a few tablespoons the next time you are soaking, and feel the difference when you get out! You will be more refreshed and your skin will feel slightly smoother.
- As a Pain Reliever: Extra virgin olive oil contains a substance called oleocanthal, which has anti-inflammatory agents, meaning olive oil is like a natural Ibuprofen. Research increasingly suggests inflammation impacts a number of chronic diseases, so olive oil’s anti-inflammatory properties grow more compelling all the time.
- Treatment of Acne: The unique properties of extra virgin olive make it able to heal acne. Start with small amounts, and make sure your skin responds favourably.
- Used to Preserve Food: You can preserve your food with extra virgin olive oil, whether it is vegetables or meats. You can pack your items in extra virgin olive oil instead of water or soy.
- Cuticle Softener: You can rub a bit of extra virgin olive oil into the cuticles to moisturize and prevent snags, or mix oil with water to soak hands before a DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Mental Agility: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fat, which research suggests helps prevent or slow down the cognitive decline associated with diseases like Alzheimer’s
- Immune System Strengthened: Loaded with antioxidants – vital for strengthening and protecting your immune system – extra virgin olive oil may help you become more resistant to infection. This wide range of important antioxidants isn’t found in other oils.
- Doesn’t Clog Pores. Unlike commercial moisturizers that can clog pores and exacerbate current skin conditions, olive oil penetrates deeply into the skin while providing a cleansing effect. Try using organic olive oil at night as a substitute for your regular moisturizer. Apply a teaspoon of the oil to the face and neck
100ml, 200ml, 500ml, 1Litre