Myrrh Essential Oil
₦8,105.50 – ₦8,664.50 Incl. VAT
- 10 ml
- Botanical Name: Commophora Myrrha Plant Part: Resin
Extraction: Hyro Distillation
- Product Color: Golden yellow to brown liquid.Aroma Profile: Warm, earthy, woody, balsamic.Perfumery Note: BaseAromatherapdy: Centering, visualizing, meditative.
Myrrh is a reddish resin collected from the short thorny tree of the Commiphora myrrha plant native to Northern Africa and the Middle East, particularly in Somalia, Ethiopia, Arabia, and Yemen. Myrrh is one of the most widely used essential oils in the world and botanically related to both Frankincense and Elemi.
Most commonly known as one of the gifts (along with gold and frankincense) the three Wise Men brought to Jesus in the New Testament, Myrrh was mentioned in the bible 152 times and is still commonly used today as a remedy for a variety of ailments
Some Uses & Benefits of Myrrh Essential Oil:
- Helps heal sun damage
- Helps heal skin inflammation
- Deep moisture for very dry or chapped skin
- Provides relief from itching & rashes.
- Treats eczema & psoriasis
- Fades stretch marks
- Fades scars, spots, and other skin blemishes
- Helps close and tightens pores
- Strengthens finger & toenails
- Vulnerary i.e. Protects wounds from infections
- Cicatrisant i.e. Aids healing of cuts, scrapes, and wounds
- Strengthens respiratory system
- Helps maintain uterine health
- Emmenagogue i.e. helps treat irregular, obstructed or painful menstrual periods.
- Analgesic i.e. Pain relief
Myrrh Essential Oil Blends Well With Essential oils of Lavender, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, and Thyme. Myrrh works best when used with Frankincense.
Note / Caution: Generally known to be safe i.e. non sensitizing and non-irritating. However, pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid.
1 litre, 100ml, 10ml, 15ml, 200ml, 500ml, 50ml