Shea butter is extracted from the nut of the African shea tree. It is usually yellow in color when raw, but refined Shea butter is usually ivory or white in color. Shea Butter offers UV protection (it is SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production. Shea butter has been used in Nigeria for years especially during Harmattan to protect and improve the quality of skin and hair.
Shea butter nourishes dry skin with Vitamins A, E and F. Vitamins A and E maintain the skin and keep it clear and healthy. They are particularly helpful for sun damaged skin and to help prevent premature wrinkles and facial lines. The Vitamin A in Shea butter is important for improving skin conditions, including blemishes, wrinkles, eczema, and dermatitis. Vitamin F acts as a protector, rejuvenating and soothing rough dry or chapped skin and helps soften dry or damaged hair. Additionally, Organic Shea butter has properties that treat skin allergies, insect bites and sunburn.
This DIY Harmattan Body Butter is a great 3 in 1 Butter made of Shea Butter , Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter ,Chamomile infused oil and two Carrier Oils (Avocado oil and Coconut or Jojoba oil). It is a great way to moisturize the skin and hair during this dry weather.
Recipe For DIY Harmattan Body Butter
Body Butter Ingredients-
- 8og of Shea Butter, (100 grams of Shea Butter for Dry Skin)
- 100g Cocoa Butter
- 20g Mango butter
- 100ml Coconut oil , (for an Oily Skin replace Coconut oil with Jojoba oil)
- 50 ml Avocado oil
- 50 ml Chamomile infused oil (optional)
DIY Harmattan Body Butter Instructions
- Melt shea butter,cocoa butter and Mango butter
- Place all butters and oil in a bowl ,
- Whip in a cake mixer, until will blended.
- Transfer into a jar cup of choice.This DIY Harmattan Body butter makes 420g butter . It should last you through out the hamattan period.Use day and night and as desired.