All babies love to be cuddled, touched and massaged. Skin-to-Skin contact is essential to the nurturing of infants, helping them to bond with their parents and to develop emotional and physical health. All babies love to be cuddled, touched and massaged. Skin-to-Skin contact is essential to the nurturing of infants, helping them to bond with their parents and to develop emotional and physical health…
Feathering and soothing
- Hold your baby close to you so he/she can feel the warmth of your body, your heart beat, and the rhythm of your breathing, which enables her to be comforted
- Babies love to lie against the softness of your body, soothe her by placing one hand over the base of her spine, while gently stroking her head
- Running your fingers up and down your baby’s back will make her giggle as the feather-like touches brushes her delicate skin
- Your baby will enjoy this game of passive movements, bend her knee towards her body and then straighten her leg, carry out the same process on the other leg and repeat several times
- Babies never lose interest in their fingers and toes, add to this fascination by wiggling and rotating the little joints one by one
- If your baby can keep still for long enough you can rub nourishing oil into her skin while massaging. Soft effleurage strokes on her back such as fanning and circles will delight her.
- Chubby little arms and legs are made for gentle squeezing and kneading, press the limbs softly between your thumb and fingers.
OILS FOR BABIES AND YOUNGSTERS
Infants 2-6 Months old
Infants 6-12 Months
What’s the difference with a fragrance ? Why do essential oils work? . I sometimes || Read More
Have you been meaning to lose weight or keep weight gain off? There are lots || Read More