Lavender essential oil is steam distilled from the beautiful purple flowers of the lavender plant. This essential oil is very gentle on the skin , yet very potent. Lavender has soothing, sedative properties and also has the ability to cleanse and remove toxins. Diluting Lavender Essential Oil with any Carrier Oil of your choice like Jojoba, Olive, Coconut and Carrot oil will help reduce its potency so that it does not cause skin irritations. If you are allergic to lavender oil, its best to not include it in your skin care routine.
There are generally two types of lavender, and both are equally beneficial in terms of their therapeutic value.
- Spike Lavender: This variety has broad leaves and a higher content of ceneol and camphor, thereby making it less pleasing. It produces thrice the amount of oil as French Lavender.
- French Lavender: This variety has narrower leaves with small dark flowers and is more fragrant and aromatic.
Here is a list of Skin Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
- One of the wonderful benefits of lavender essential oil is its antibacterial activity. Because lavender oil can penetrate pores to kill bacteria, it may go far in preventing and healing breakouts. You can apply lavender oil diluted in coconut oil to your skin after you wash your face. This will not only moisturize, but also help to reduce breakouts.
- Lavender essential oil is anti-inflammatory, meaning it can help to reduce redness, blotching and ruddiness of the skin. Thus, helping to restore your bright, natural skin tone. When used regularly, this oil may also help to reduce dark spots and other types of skin discolorations. Given the obnoxious variety of environmental toxins and other pollutants our skin is exposed to most of the time, it is not surprising to know that our skin’s health is deteriorating with each passing day. Lavender’s powerful antioxidants can also help fight against the harmful effects of pollutants on the skin.
- Lavender essential oil may also help to lighten skin with hyperpigmentation, especially if the skin is oily. Because of the soothing, balancing nature of lavender, it’s a good candidate to ask a natural health professional you trust about.
- Lavender essential oil is teeming with antioxidants, it can help protect your skin from damaging free radicals, which contribute to fine lines and wrinkles (as well as other signs of aging skin). Simply combine a few drops of lavender essential oil with coconut oil, and use as a moisturizer in the morning, in the evening and whenever your skin feels dry.
- Due to its soothing and healing properties, lavender may provide benefits to skin afflicted by eczema or psoriasis. It can help to relieve the itch and irritation of psoriasis, and it may help with eczema outbreaks, especially when combined with chamomile. If you have eczema or psoriasis, you can incorporate lavender essential oil into a routine to naturally manage your symptoms.
- Using diluted lavender oil on your skin after a day in the hot sun may help to relieve the burning and swelling. If you find yourself suffering from sunburn, first, rinse your face with cool water (or take a cool shower). Then, apply coconut oil with a few drops of lavender oil added to the affected area. Repeat as necessary, remembering to keep cool and drink plenty of water.
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Phone no: +2348185079084, +2348038248893