Our role in keeping our employees safe during Coronavirus pandemic
Organic shoppe was one of the first companies to adopt the work from home model in the looming face of the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), but we don’t anticipate being one of the first to return to offices.
Being a health inclined e-commerce platform, we were put in a very tight position of having to take on dual responsibility.
- We were responsible for making sure we continued to provide a dependable product delivery service to our various customers while still making sure we maintained the top-notch quality we were known for.
- At the same we were also served with the responsibility of making sure we cater to our staff and be sure they were well protected; Charity begins at home, they say. But also because it would have a negative downward spiral effect on our clients if they weren’t.
And as such we knew we had to close our office doors to 90% of our workforce and go fully remote, an advantage being we have a very good online presence and our customers have come to trust us on all our online communities. – website, social media pages, google pages, etc.
We quickly evolved and develop a mode of operation that allowed us to be uniquely positioned to respond quickly and allow folks to work from home given our emphasis on health and healthy living. The past few months have proven we can make that work. So if our employees are in a role and situation that enables them to work from home and they have to continue to do so till X, we will make that happen and be rest assured that our business keeps growing and our customers are well served, and if we have to open up again, our offices will be their warm and welcoming selves, with some additional health precautions when we feel it’s safe to fully return.
Meanwhile, here’s how we are thinking about the next few months:
– Our office will be opened to our staff once in a week, at only the allotted work time allowed by the government, for our staff to come in and strategize whilst fully observing social distancing rule and face covering. Hand sanitizers will be at every corner of the office as well.
- With very few exceptions, our office would likely not be fully open to the general public before September. And when we do decide to open fully, it won’t be a snap back to the way it was before. It will be careful, intentional and gradual.
- There will be no business travels before September, with very few exceptions, and no exhibition or organized corporate events will be attended by the staff till September. We will re-access our 4th quarter events plans by then.
We are proud of the early actions we took to protect the health of our employees and our clients. This will remain our top priority as we work through the unknowns of the coming months.
And to our clients, we remain highly committed to making sure we provide you with the best organic healthy food produce, high-quality grade herbs and spices, undiluted and pure oils and butter, and really chemical-free organic skincare products.
And during these trying times, you can count on us to always make sure we deliver the best and at the quickest time possible.
Thank you for always being there.