Sea buckthorn oil (Hipphophae rhamnoides) has been used for thousands of years
as a natural remedy against various ailments.
It is extracted from the berries, leaves and seeds of the sea buckthorn plant,
(Hippophae rhamnoides), which is a small shrub that grows at high altitudes in
the northwest Himalayan region.
Sea-buckthorn oil has been used for the following
- SKIN PROCTECTION: The presence of Omega 7 fatty acid and rich anti-oxidant properties help
get rid of free radicals that comes with ageing and heal burns, frostbite and bed sores.
- HEALTHY FATS: It is a good source of some healthy fats (Omega 7, 3 and 9) which protect the
body against age related diseases like Arthritis, Eczema and helps to improve skin quality and
fight against dryness (mouth: Research shows that taking Sea buckthorn oil helps improve
salivation which is important for cleaning the mouth and protect it from harmful bacteria. Dry
Eye: the unique Omega 7 profile helps to improve lubrication throughout the body including the
eye.)and irritation when consume internally.
- DIABETES: the content of Omega 7 and 3 helps fight insulin resistant in the body which help
keep the sugar level in control and contains Beta sitoterol which helps to protect the arteries
against clogged by improving Blood circulation.
- IMMUNITY: Study shows that the antioxidants and flavonoids in this oil prevent the growth of E-
coli and also helps protect against flu. it help the mucous membrane to retain moisture to
prevent redness and discomfort. Vitamin E, healthy fats and carotenoids all protects the liver
- Anti-Cancer: Sea buckthorn is rich in quecretin and flavonoid which has been shown to kill off
cancerous cells. This works best when used alongside conventional cancer treatments.
- Menopause Support: The healthy Omega 7and 3 are beneficial for women who are in
menopause. It helps regulate hormones as the body goes through changes
Watch out for how to put sea-buckthorn oil into daily use on our next post